HCN Relative Hardship Waiver
Minnesota Home Care Nursing Realtive Hardship Waiver
The HCN Relative Hardship Waiver allows certain relatives to receive
reimbursement for providing services to a Medicaid recipient. The relative
must be currently licensed in the State of Minnesota as an RN or LPN and
must be one of the following:
- The parent of a member
- The spouse of a member
- Legal guardian or conservator
- Family foster parent of a minor child
In order to qualify for a Hardship Waiver, at least one of the following criteria must be met:
- The parent, spouse, or gurdian resigns from a full-time or part-time job to provide HCN for the member.
- The relative goes from a full-time to a part-time job with less compensation to provide HCN for the Member.
- The relative takes a leave of absence without pay to provide HCN for the Member
Because of labor conditions, intermittent hours of care needed, or special languageneeds, the relative is needed in order to provide an adequate number of qualifiedHCNs to meet the Member’s needs.
Provision of paid services does not preclude the parent, spouse or guardian from his/her
obligations for non-reimbursed family responsibilities. The provision of these services is not legally required of the
parent, spouse or legal guardian. Services provided by a parent, spouse or guardian
cannot be used in lieu of nursing services covered and available under liable third-party
payers including Medicare.
For more information and to qualify for Home Care Nursing Relative Hardship Waiver contact
Senite Health at 1.800.207.4009